Friday 2 November 2018

Whitstable Town 2 Tonbridge Angels 3

Match 52/18/1645 - Wednesday, 31st October 2018 - Kent Senior Cup 2R

Whitstable Town (2) 2 Smith 4 Freeman 42
Tonbridge Angels (2) 3 King 36,38 Wright (o.g.) 50
Attendance: 100

Admission: £5 Senior
Programme: £2
Mileage: 76/3,300

Whilst waiting for the Tonbridge Angels Press Officer to do his media duties, I sat myself in the bar and as I contemplated the game I slightly changed my mind about its conclusion. After an highly entertaining encounter, which I thought Tonbridge had just shaded with two goal Liam King getting my vote as man of the match, not only for his goals but his general nuisance to the Whitstable defence. But on quiet reflection, it came to me that Jonny Henly had made several really good saves that had kept us in the tie and, on the strength of that, perhaps we were slightly lucky to come away from the Belmont with our name in the hat for the next round.

It is five years since my last visit to the Belmont and, as with many club's grounds of this size, nothing much has changed. But for that, it is a pleasant venue with a quirky feel and a warm welcome. The stadium announcer had a sense of humour, no more so than faced with a triple substitution from the visitors, to which he did his best, but then told the world he was giving up!

As for the game, with a little sense of laziness, but feeling the need to direct readers to an excellent website report, I'll leave the match details for the official Whitstable Town site. Read here.





No comments: