Friday 30 March 2018

Maidstone United 1 Hartlepool United 2

Match 109/17/1559 - Good Friday, 30th March 2018 - National League

Maidstone United (0) 1 Lafayette 90
Hartlepool United (1) 2 Woods 25,88 (pen)
Attendance: 2,559

Entrance: £12 Senior
Programme: £3
Mileage: 19/7,451

Match Report

#sickofpostponements is seemingly my personal hashtag. This crap winter has been littered with them and here we are at Easter and still they keep coming. From the moment I got the dogs back indoors after their morning walk, literally a few seconds before it started to rain, my good luck quota for the day had been exhausted. As the rain fell harder, serious doubts about the afternoon's entertainment at Longmead strengthened until 13:20 when the postponement was posted. Option Two: Punjab United v Crockenhill. Stuck in traffic just outside Maidstone, text message says postponed. Option Three: Snodland Town v Fisher rejected as still stuck in traffic, decision made to cut my losses (bad choice of words as the next sentence will show) and settle for the 3G surface at the Gallagher, thus breaking my own rule of only stepping into that ground when one of my teams are the opponents. This was ultimately to cost me a £25 parking fine, as I messed up the payment procedure, or was it the machine? No doubt my appeal will be completely fruitless and suitable punishment for the house rule contravention.

No comments: